Since graduating from Guy’s Dental Hospital In 1989, lifelong North Londoner Paul Abrahams has built a reputation as one of the city’s leading cosmetic and general dentists.
In 1993, Paul purchased SmileMore in St John’s Wood. As principal dentist, he has since helped establish the clinic as one of the area’s most popular practices.
Paul is also a dentist at Define Clinic, which unites world-class cosmetic dentistry with facial aesthetic treatments. The Buckinghamshire clinic is one of the UK’s leading centres for Harley Street quality-care outside the capital.
Paul is perhaps best known in the dental profession for quickly recognising the potential of new technologies to transform patient experience. He was one of the nation’s first dentists to incorporate the digital iTero impressionless scanner into his practice and went on to lead the way in the use of CEREC digital design technology to achieve superb accuracy in porcelain restoration production.
Director & president-elect
Throughout his 30-year career, Paul has remained committed to bringing patients the very best in cosmetic, restorative and general dentistry. In pursuit of this, he has undertaken extensive training, including with the prestigious Rosenthal Aesthetic Continuum and Hornbrook Group training academies.
He has also achieved accreditation with Invisalign, Six Month Smiles and ClearSmile clear braces orthodontic systems.
Paul is director and president-elect of the British Association of Cosmetic Dentists. He regularly trains and mentors fellow dental professionals on cosmetic techniques and dental technology.
Outside the clinic, Paul is a keen sportsman who loves international adventure, Peloton and football.
- Hands-On Aesthetics Continuum, Eastman Institute, 2002
- The Art of Direct Resin, Independent Seminars, 2002
- Lasersmile Twilite Clinical Course, World Clinical Laser Institute, 2002
- Strategies for Successful Bleaching, Independent Seminars, 2003
- Ultimate Occlusion 2-Day Hands-On, Drs David Hornbrook, Ronald Ritsco and MIke Smith, 2006
- Ultimate Occlusion Level 2, Drs Ronald Ritsco and Mike Smith, 2007
- Advanced Hands-On Course in Smile Design, Perfect Smile Academy, 2007
- The Art of Smile Design and Aesthetic Dentistry, Perfect Smile Academy, 2007
- Records for Excellence, Co-Op Seminars, 2009
- One-Year Implant and Restorative Course, Megagen, 2010
- Straightwire Therapy, Clinical Foundation of Orthopaedics and Orthodontics, 2011
- Digital Smile Design Concept, Advanced Dental Seminars, 2014
- Update on Head and Neck Diseases for Professionals, 2015
- CEREC Trainer Certification, 2016
- CEREC Intermediate Training, The Academy of Digital Dentistry, 2017
- CEREC Level-4 Mastering Multiple Anterior and Esthetic Cases, CERECDoctors, 2019
- Inman Aligner Certification
- The Art & Science of Tooth-Coloured Dentistry, Dr David Hornbrook
- Invisalign Provider Workshop, Aligner Technology
- ClearSmile Brace Conversion, IAS Academy
What are the Options for Adult Braces
Paul describes the different ways to straighten teeth using a wide variety of braces including invisalign and fixed options.
Options to Improve Your Smile
From simple whitening to comprehensive smile makeovers - in this short video, smile design expert Paul explains people of all ages can improve their smiles. He always talks through the pros and cons with patients before treatment.
This lady talks about how family dentist Paul helped her son with dental bonding following an accident.
"I have been coming to Smile More Dental Care for as long as I know. Amongst general health check-ups over the years, the most notable procedures I have had are braces and teeth whitening - both of which were done to the highest standard. Having received compliments and enquiries about who the magician behind such procedures is, I have recommended numerous people to go and see Paul."
"As someone who usually gets very nervous about anything to do with the dentist, Paul’s SmileMore clinic is the first place where I always feel completely relaxed at every appointment. All the staff are so welcoming and friendly. Since starting my Invisalign treatment with Paul, I’ve not only seen great results but I’ve always been fully informed with everything that’s happening and know that I am able to get in touch whenever I need to ask questions. I would definitely recommend this practice to everyone."